First of all I’m so sorry I haven’t posted anything in so long, I have been extremely busy. Also Happy belated Halloween! I hope everyone had a suitably frightening and indulgent night, while I was tucking into these heavenly muffins. These muffins are insane! Nutella isn’t really my thing but baked into a muffin and I could eat it all day. These muffins are light and moist from the yogurt and once you reach the chocolaty centre, your brain will just explode from the awesomeness!
Make sure you don’t leave out the coarse sugar sprinkled on top as this adds an amazing crunchy texture to contrast the delicate muffin.These muffins rise really well and create a perfect dome shape making them really impressive looking. They are robust enough to be good when traveling as a lunch dessert or just whenever, you really don’t need an excuse to make these other then to experience their crazy deliciousness! I really can’t put the superbness of these muffins into words so I’ll leave you guys with this simple advise… Go, run and make these muffins as fast as possible!
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 small jar of nutella, approximately
3 cups plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
145g butter, softened
1 1/4cup caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2cups vanilla yogurt
1 cup white and milk chocolate chips
2-3tbsp mini chocolate chips, for sprinkling
2tbsp coarse brown sugar
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and drop roughly 16 spoonfuls of the nutella onto the tray. Pop in the freezer until the nutella is frozen solid, about 2-3hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°f and line about 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla and vanilla yogurt.
- Mix in the dry mixture and chocolate chips alternately in batches until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups leaving about 4tbsp for the top.
- Push the frozen nutella discs into the muffin mixture and top with the remaining batter to cover where the nutella went in. sprinkle each one with mini chocolate chips and coarse sugar. Bake in the oven for 20-25mins until golden brown.
- These are best when served slightly warm but really they’re just delicious all round! Enjoy